BOXER: MENG FANLONG
NICKNAME: COLD BLOOD
DIVISION: LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
DATE OF BIRTH: FEBRUARY 5, 1998
HOMETOWN: CHI FENG CITY, INNER MONGOLIA AUTONOMOUS REGION, CHINA
RECORD: 12-0 (7 KOs)
- Fanlong captured the IBF Intercontinental Light Heavyweight Title on October 28, 2017, when he secured a unanimous decision win against Emmanuel Danso.
- He won the WBO Oriental Light Heavyweight Title in his native China January 21, 2017, when he knocked out Gasan Gasanov in the first round.
- On January 17, 2015, Fanlong made his professional debut at Mohegan Sun Casino in Connecticut, where he tallied a majority decision victory over Marcellus Yates.
- Fanlong represented China at the 2012 Beijing Olympics, where he advanced to the Round of 16 before falling to Brazil’s Yamaguchi Falcão.
- During the 2011 Asian Amateur Boxing Championships, Fanlong came away with a silver medal after cruising to the finals.
- IBF Intercontinental Light Heavyweight Title (2017)
- WBO Oriental Light Heavyweight Title (2017)
- Silver Medalist – Asian Amateur Boxing Championships (2011)
- Bronze Medalist – Asian Games (2010)
OUTSIDE OF THE RING HIGHLIGHTS:
- Fanlong lives and trains in Bloomfield, N.J., but regularly visits his wife, Yajuan, and his nine-month-old daughter, Xinzhu in China.
- His favorite boxer of all-time is Roy Jones Jr. and he enjoys watching old video clips of Jones Jr.’s fights on YouTube.
- When he isn’t battling in the ring, Fanlong enjoys listening to Mongolian music.